THE CORPORATE LIBRARY

Related Party Transactions and Outside Related Director Information

Kirby Corporation (KEX)

3/7/2006 Proxy Information

During 2005, the Company and its subsidiaries paid Knollwood, L.L.C. (“Knollwood”), a company owned by C. Berdon Lawrence, the Chairman of the Board of the Company, $214,000 for air transportation services provided by Knollwood. Such services were in the ordinary course of business of the Company and Knollwood. The Company anticipates that similar services will be rendered in 2006.

The Company is a 50% member of The Hollywood Camp, L.L.C. (“The Hollywood Camp”), a company that owns and operates a hunting facility used by the Company and Knollwood, which is also a 50% member. The Company uses The Hollywood Camp primarily for customer entertainment. Knollwood acts as manager of The Hollywood Camp. The Hollywood Camp allocates lease and lodging expenses to the owners based on their usage of the facilities. During 2005, the Company was billed $1,443,000 by The Hollywood Camp for its share of facility expenses. The Company anticipates that similar costs will be incurred in 2006.

Mark C. Lawrence, the son of C. Berdon Lawrence, is the Vice President and General Manager of the Logistics Management Division of Kirby Inland Marine, LP. In 2005, Mark Lawrence earned direct compensation of $240,587, received 1,000 shares of restricted stock of the Company and received contributions under the Company’s other employee benefit plans of $4,095 (not including the Company’s contribution for 2005 under its profit sharing plan, which has not been determined as of the date of this Proxy Statement). In 2005, Mark Lawrence received $18,199 from the Company for the 2004 contribution under its profit sharing plan.

Walter E. Johnson, a director of the Company, is a 25% limited partner in a limited partnership that owns one barge operated by a subsidiary of the Company, which owns the other 75% interest in the partnership. The partnership was entered into on October 1, 1974. During 2005, Mr. Johnson received $74,000 in distributions from the partnership. The distributions were proportionate to his interest in the partnership and were made in the ordinary course of business of the partnership. The partnership will continue to operate in the ordinary course of the Company’s business in 2006.

Mr. Johnson is Chairman of the Board of Amegy Bank, which has a 5.7% participation in the Company’s revolving credit facility. The Company did not have any borrowings outstanding under the revolving credit facility as of December 31, 2005. The revolving credit facility includes a $10,000,000 commitment which may be used for standby letters of credit and, as of December 31, 2005, outstanding letters of credit were $7,612,000 of which Amegy Bank’s participation was $431,000. Amegy Bank is one of 12 lenders under the revolving credit facility, which was consummated in the ordinary course of business of the Company.

Connie C. Valerius, the wife of Steven P. Valerius, the President of Kirby Inland Marine, LP, is the Director of Corporate Operations of the Company. In 2005, Ms. Valerius earned direct compensation of $278,372, received an option to purchase 2,500 shares of common stock of the Company, received 2,250 shares of restricted stock of the Company and received contributions under the Company’s other employee benefit plans of $4,218 (not including the Company’s contribution for 2005 under its profit sharing plan, which has not been determined as of the date of this Proxy Statement). In 2005, Ms. Valerius received $22,111 from the Company for the 2004 contribution under its profit sharing plan.

3/7/2005 Proxy Information

During 2004, the Company and its subsidiaries paid Knollwood, L.L.C. (“Knollwood”), a company owned by C. Berdon Lawrence, the Chairman of the Board of the Company, $180,000 for air transportation services provided by Knollwood. Such services were in the ordinary course of business of the Company and Knollwood. The Company anticipates that similar services will be rendered in 2005.

The Company is a 50% member of The Hollywood Camp, L.L.C. (“Hollywood Camp”), a company that owns and operates a hunting facility used by the Company and Knollwood, which is also a 50% member. The Company uses Hollywood Camp primarily for customer entertainment. Knollwood acts as manager of Hollywood Camp. Hollywood Camp leases hunting rights to land owned by Mr. Lawrence and other unaffiliated parties and allocates lease and lodging expenses to the owners based on their usage of the facilities.

During 2004, the Company was billed $1,161,000 by Hollywood Camp for its share of facility expenses. The Company anticipates that similar costs will be incurred in 2005.

Mark C. Lawrence, the son of C. Berdon Lawrence, is the Vice President and General Manager of the Logistics Management Division of Kirby Inland Marine, LP. In 2004, Mark Lawrence earned direct compensation of $202,600, received an option to purchase 3,500 shares of common stock of the Company, received 500 shares of restricted stock of the Company and received contributions under the Company’s other employee benefit plans of $3,852 (not including the Company’s contribution for 2004 under its profit sharing plan, which has not been determined as of the date of this Proxy Statement).

Walter E. Johnson, a director of the Company, is a 25% limited partner in a limited partnership that owns one barge operated by a subsidiary of the Company, which owns the other 75% interest in the partnership. The partnership was entered into on October 1, 1974. During 2004, Mr. Johnson received $42,500 in distributions from the partnership. The distributions were proportionate to his interest in the partnership and were made in the ordinary course of business of the partnership. The partnership will continue to operate in the ordinary course of the Company’s business in 2005.

Mr. Johnson is Chairman of the Board of Amegy Bank, which has a 5.7% participation in the Company’s revolving credit facility. As of December 31, 2004, the outstanding balance of the revolving credit facility was $15,000,000, of which Amegy Bank’s participation was $850,000. Amegy Bank is one of 12 lenders under the revolving credit facility, which was consummated in the ordinary course of business of the Company.

Mr. Johnson is Chairman of the Board of Southwest Bank of Texas. Southwest Bank of Texas has a 5.7% participation in the Company's revolving credit facility. As of December 31, 2003, the outstanding balance of the revolving credit facility was $5,000,000, of which Southwest Bank of Texas' participation was $283,000. Southwest Bank of Texas had a 5% participation in the Company's term loan credit facility which was repaid during 2003. Southwest Bank of Texas is one of 12 lenders under the revolving credit facility, which was consummated in the ordinary course of business of the Company.

Connie C. Valerius, the wife of Steven P. Valerius, the President of Kirby Inland Marine, LP, is the Director of Corporate Operations of the Company. In 2004, Ms. Valerius earned direct compensation of $241,550, received an option to purchase 6,000 shares of common stock of the Company, received 800 shares of restricted stock of the Company and received contributions under the Company’s other employee benefit plans of $3,900 (not including the Company’s contribution for 2004 under its profit sharing plan, which has not been determined as of the date of this Proxy Statement).

Mr. George A. Peterkin served as Chairman Emeritus of Kirby Corporation since 1999. He served as Chairman from 1995 to 1999 and as President from 1973 to 1995.

3/8/2004 Proxy Information

During 2003, the Company and its subsidiaries paid Knollwood, L.L.C. (“Knollwood”), a company owned by C. Berdon Lawrence, the Chairman of the Board of the Company, $288,000 for air transportation services provided by Knollwood. Such services were in the ordinary course of business of the Company and Knollwood. The Company anticipates that similar services will be rendered in 2004.

The Company is a 25% member of The Hollywood Camp, L.L.C. (“Hollywood Camp”), a company that owns and operates a hunting facility used by the Company and two other members primarily for customer entertainment. Knollwood is a 25% member and acts as manager of Hollywood Camp. The other 50% member is not affiliated with the Company or Knollwood. Hollywood Camp leases hunting rights to land owned by Mr. Lawrence and other unaffiliated parties and allocates lease and lodging expenses to the owners based on their usage of the facilities. During 2003, the Company was billed $764,000 by Hollywood Camp for its share of facility expenses. The Company anticipates that similar costs will be incurred in 2004.

Mark C. Lawrence, the son of C. Berdon Lawrence, is the Vice President and General Manager of the Logistics Management Division of Kirby Inland Marine, LP. In 2003, Mark Lawrence earned direct compensation of $170,406, received an option to purchase 5,000 shares of common stock of the Company and received contributions under the Company’s other employee benefit plans of $3,502 (not including the Company’s contribution for 2003 under its profit sharing plan, which has not been determined as of the date of this Proxy Statement).

Walter E. Johnson, a director of the Company, is a 25% limited partner in a limited partnership that owns one barge operated by a subsidiary of the Company, which owns the other 75% interest in the partnership. The partnership was entered into on October 1, 1974. During 2003, Mr. Johnson received $25,000 in distributions from the partnership. The distributions were proportionate to his interest in the partnership and were made in the ordinary course of business of the partnership. The partnership will continue to operate in the ordinary course of the Company’s business in 2004.

Mr. Johnson is Chairman of the Board of Southwest Bank of Texas. Southwest Bank of Texas has a 5.7% participation in the Company’s revolving credit facility. As of December 31, 2003, the outstanding balance of the revolving credit facility was $5,000,000, of which Southwest Bank of Texas’ participation was $283,000. Southwest Bank of Texas had a 5% participation in the Company’s term loan credit facility which was repaid during 2003. Southwest Bank of Texas is one of 12 lenders under the revolving credit facility, which was consummated in the ordinary course of business of the Company.

Connie C. Valerius, the wife of Steven P. Valerius, the President of Kirby Inland Marine, LP, is the Director of Corporate Operations of the Company. In 2003, Ms. Valerius earned direct compensation of $220,380, received an option to purchase 8,000 shares of common stock of the Company and received contributions under the Company’s other employee benefit plans of $3,750 (not including the Company’s contribution for 2003 under its profit sharing plan, which has not been determined as of the date of this Proxy Statement).

George A. Peterkin has served as Chairman Emeritus of Kirby Corporation since 1999. He served as Chairman from 1995 to 1999 and as President from 1973 to 1995.