Code of business conduct
The Code of Business Conduct
contains principles that have long been part of TI's values and ethics
statements. Certain behaviors have been specifically included in this Code of
Business Conduct in recognition of the growing interest that investors have in
the conduct of publicly-held companies, their employees and their directors.
The public has every right to know what TI standards are in these areas.
Furthermore, the public legitimately expects TIers to
know and adhere to the standards of conduct. No provision of this Code of
Business Conduct may be waived for any director or executive officer without
approval of the TI Board of Directors, and appropriate public disclosure.
- We do not take any role in any outside concern that
would adversely influence our TI responsibilities. When faced with a
potential conflict, we communicate with supervisors and others to
implement safeguards and take steps to prevent such a conflict from
materializing. We make full disclosure and withdraw ourselves from
discussions and decisions when our personal interest appears to interfere
with TI's business interests.
- When exchanging business courtesies, meals and
entertainment, we avoid activities that could create even the appearance
that our decisions could be compromised.
- We respect the rights and property of others, including
their intellectual property, and only accept their confidential or trade
secret information after we clearly understand our obligations as defined
in a nondisclosure agreement or similar document. We protect and preserve
TI assets, including TI business opportunities and intellectual property,
for TI's benefit and not for our personal benefit.
- We compete fairly without collusion or collaboration
with competitors to divide markets, fix prices, restrict production or
- We assure that those who seek to do business with TI
have fair opportunities to compete for our business.
- We provide full and accurate information for use in
internal and external reports.
- We keep records that are verifiably accurate.
- We use company assets for personal purposes strictly on
an infrequent basis with negligible expense to TI.
- We recruit, train, promote and reward people based on
their performance and contribution.
- We respect all TIers without
regard to their position or level within the organization.
- We follow the Code of Business Conduct and respect the
codes of conduct and rules of business of countries where we do business
and abide by their laws.
- We comply with laws, rules and regulations, and
actively promote awareness and understanding of, and compliance with all
- We promote awareness of laws against improper insider
trading and do not tolerate it.
- We offer no payments or favors to influence others to
do something wrong.
- We value open and fair competition and respect the
rights of our customers, suppliers and competitors just as we expect our
rights to be respected.
- We actively encourage every TI employee, officer and
director to recognize and report any concern about possible illegal or
unethical behavior, and we ensure that such reports made in good faith
will be acted upon responsibly and without retaliation.
- We create a workplace where we feel free to express our
opinions and to raise questions and concerns in a safe and supportive
environment, without fear of harassment, retribution or retaliation by
peers or managers.