Code of Conduct
Granite's Core Values represent who we are and provide, without question, the standard of behavior by which we conduct business. These values are the heart, soul, and character of Granite. Our Code embodies the vision of our company founders and encompasses the values that have been and will continue to be vital to the future success of the Company. Our Core Values represent how we treat each other, how we deal with our customers, how we respond to our stakeholders, and how we hold each other and ourselves accountable. This is the legacy we will leave for generations to come.
The following eight ethical Core Values represent the cornerstone of our Code of Conduct. While achieving these high standards may be difficult to attain, we nonetheless aspire to live our lives and conduct our business with:
- Be truthful, accurate and straightforward.
- Be candid and non-deceptive in communication and conduct.
- Maintain consistency between your beliefs and your behavior - walk your talk!
- Have the courage to contend boldly for that which is right and reject firmly that which is wrong.
- Endeavor to be reasonable, open-minded, impartial, even-handed, and non-discriminatory in all your dealings.
- Genuinely partner and actively collaborate within and outside the Company.
- Maintain, without deviation, an attitude of sincerity, tolerance, consideration, and assistance towards others, regardless of position.
- Accept responsibility for your own actions or inactions and for those whom you supervise.
- Take prompt, constructive steps to correct mistakes or defects.
- Promote teamwork by holding each other accountable - rejecting behaviors inconsistent with this Code of Conduct.
Consideration of Others
- Practice the principles of the Golden Rule.
- Respect the dignity, rights, safety, and personal property of others.
- Be open to the ideas and opinions of others.
- Exercise patience and remain positive under all circumstances.
- Assure that those whom you supervise are not put in compromising situations.
Pursuit of Excellence
- Consistently apply diligence, perseverance, attention to detail, and good work habits to ensure quality projects, products and excellent customer service.
- Build capabilities through continuous learning, coaching, mentoring and teaching.
- Never accept complacency or indifference.
- Remain flexible and open to possibilities.
- Only make realistic commitments and follow-through on the commitments you make.
- Be prompt and responsive in business dealings within and outside the company.
- Comply with all governmental laws, rules and regulations.
- Show consideration for the safety and welfare of everyone, including our natural environment.
- Respond to the impact our work has on the natural environment by consistently evaluating and improving our efforts so that our projects and processes work in harmony with the environment.
- Cultivate an organization that actively encourages us to be the best of who we are and continuously strives to make a difference in our communities and the world.