2003 Other Charter: NKE
Charter of the Corporate Responsibility Committee
The Corporate Responsibility Committee shall be composed of at least two members of the Board of Directors. The Committee shall review NIKE's significant activities and policies regarding labor and environmental practices, community affairs, charitable and foundation activities, diversity and equal opportunity, and environmental and sustainability initiatives, and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
More specifically, the responsibility and duties of the Corporate Responsibility Committee shall include:
1. Review the activities of the NIKE Foundation and community involvement by NIKE on a regular basis.
2. Review and provide guidance to management on environmental impact, and sustainability issues.
3. Review, provide guidance to management, and report to the Board of Directors on NIKE's labor practices, and review reports of the NIKE's internal labor and environmental compliance audits.
4. Review, provide guidance to management, and report to the Board of Directors regarding the involvement of significant corporate responsibility issues in major business decisions, to protect NIKE's valuable goodwill, and human and intellectual capital.
5. Review and report to the Board of Directors regarding NIKE's engagement of environmental or labor auditors, and NIKE's work with industry organizations and non-governmental organizations concerning corporate responsibility.
6. Review and make recommendations to management on reporting to shareholders and other communities regarding corporate responsibility activities.
7. Perform such other duties and functions as may, from time to time, be assigned to the Committee by the Board.