2003 Other Charter: GISGENERAL MILLS, INC.
PUBLIC RESPONSIBILITY COMMITTEE CHARTER
RESOLVED, that the Public Responsibility Committee shall consist of five or more members of the Board of Directors.
Acting as an arm of the Board of Directors, the broad functions of the Public Responsibility Committee are:
1. To review public policy and social trends affecting the Company.
2. To examine periodically the business practices of the Company which are susceptible to critical scrutiny by policy-makers and the public at large.
3. To review the positions and major strategies pursued by the Company in its efforts to influence public policy.
4. To monitor and evaluate the Company's corporate citizenship programs and activities.
5. To review the policies and practices of the Company to assure that they are consistent with the Company's ethical obligations to employees, consumers and society.
6. To report to the Board at the next Board meeting all significant issues discussed and recommendations to be acted upon by the full Board.