2003 Committee Charter : BLS
BELLSOUTH BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PUBLIC POLICY COMMITTEE
The Committee shall have responsibility for overseeing and making recommendations
to the Board with respect to major public policy issues, including legislation and other
matters that may have an impact on the business operations, financial performance or
public image of the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Examine significant public policy, regulatory, legislative issues and trends that
may affect the business operations, financial performance or public image of
the Company or the industry. Provide oversight of legal matters that affect
policy matters within the purview of the Committee.
2. Provide oversight of the Company's plans, practices and policies with respect
to inclusion initiatives.
3. Provide oversight of the Company's civic, charitable, educational and
philanthropic contributions and activities, including but not limited to the
BellSouth Foundation, Inc. and political action committees.
4. Provide oversight of and make recommendations to the Board regarding the
Company's response to proposals of shareholders that relate to public policy
5. Make recommendations to the Board regarding any of the Committee's
responsibilities as may be appropriate.
As amended effective September 22, 2003.