Arch Coal, Inc. Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee Charter
2003 Committee Charter : ACI
The members of the Committee shall be appointed and replaced by the Board.
Committee Authority and Responsibilities
2. The Committee shall actively seek individuals with director qualification standards as set forth in the Corporate Governance Guidelines for recommendation to the Board.
3. The Committee shall have oversight for the evaluation of all directors and report annually to the Board with an assessment of the Board's performance, to be discussed with the full Board following the end of each fiscal year.
4. The Committee shall determine the compensation of non-employee directors of the Company and shall establish, monitor and approve awards under the Company's director compensation plans.
5. The Committee shall review annually and reassess the adequacy of the Corporate Governance Guidelines of the Company and recommend any proposed changes to the Board for approval.
6. The Committee may form and delegate authority to subcommittees when appropriate.
7. The Committee shall make regular reports to the Board.
8. The Committee shall review and reassess the adequacy of this Charter annually and recommend any proposed changes to the Board for approval. The Committee shall annually review its own performance.
9. The Committee shall meet at least twice annually.
10. The Committee shall have oversight responsibility for the Board's evaluation of Company management.