Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee Charter
Organization and Membership
This charter governs the operations of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee (the "Committee") of the Board of Directors of Amazon.com, Inc. (the "Board"). The Committee is appointed by the Board and consists of at least two Directors, each of whom will meet Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. ("NASDAQ") requirements with respect to independence as determined by the Board. The Committee reviews this charter periodically and recommends appropriate changes to the Board.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Committee is to:
§ Review and assess the composition of the Board,
§ Assist in identifying potential new candidates for Director,
§ Recommend candidates for election as Directors, and
§ Provide a leadership role with respect to corporate governance of the Company.
Among its specific duties and responsibilities, the Committee performs the following, to the extent it deems necessary and appropriate, consistent with and subject to applicable laws, as well as rules and regulations promulgated by the SEC, NASDAQ or other regulatory authorities.
Review and Assess the Composition of the Board
1. The Committee recommends to the Board assignments of committee members and chairs for each committee.
2. The Committee reviews the qualifications of Directors for continued service on the Board.
3. The Committee assists the Board in the annual CEO and Director self-evaluations.
Assist in Identifying Potential New Candidates for Director
4. The Committee develops and recommends to the Board criteria to identify and evaluate prospective candidates for Director.
5. The Committee develops and periodically reviews the policy for Director candidates recommended by the Company's shareholders.
6. The Committee identifies and reviews the qualifications of candidates for Director.
Recommend Candidates for Election as Directors
7. The Committee recommends to the Board candidates for election or reelection as Directors at each annual meeting of stockholders and recommends candidates to be elected by the Board as necessary to fill vacancies and newly created Directorships.
Provide a Leadership Role with Respect to Corporate Governance of the Company
8. The Committee periodically considers, and reports to the Board on, general corporate governance matters.
9. The Committee develops and periodically reviews the Corporate Governance Guidelines and recommends changes to the Board.
10. The Committee recommends compensation for newly-elected Directors and reviews Director compensation as necessary.