AMENDED AND RESTATED CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
The name of the corporation is Opnext, Inc. (the “Corporation”).
The address of the Corporation’s registered office in the State of Delaware is The Corporation Trust Center, 1209 Orange Street, in the City of Wilmington, County of New Castle, Delaware, 19801. The name of its registered agent at such address is The Corporation Trust Company.
The nature of the business and the purposes to be conducted and promoted by the Corporation are to conduct any lawful business, to promote any lawful purpose and to engage in any lawful act or activity for which corporations may be organized under the Delaware General Corporation Law (the “DGCL”).
1. The total number of shares of stock which the Corporation shall have authority to issue is one hundred (100) shares of common stock, $0.01 par value per share (the “Common Stock”).
2. Shares of the Common Stock may be issued from time to time as the Board of Directors of the Corporation (the “Board”) shall determine and on such terms and for such consideration as shall be fixed by the Board. The amount of the authorized Common Stock of the Corporation may be increased or decreased by the affirmative vote of the holders of a majority of the outstanding Common Stock of the Corporation entitled to vote.
Elections of directors need not be by written ballot unless required by the Bylaws of the Corporation. Any director may be removed from office either with or without cause at any time by the affirmative vote of the holders of a majority of the outstanding Common Stock of the Corporation entitled to vote, given at a meeting of the stockholders called for that purpose, or by the consent of the holders of a majority of the outstanding Common Stock of the Corporation entitled to vote, given in accordance with Section 228 of the DGCL.
In furtherance and not in limitation of the powers conferred upon the Board by law, the Board shall have the power to make, adopt, alter, amend and repeal from time to time the Bylaws of the Corporation subject to the right of the stockholders entitled to vote with respect thereto to alter, amend and repeal Bylaws made by the Board.
1. The liability of the directors of the Corporation for monetary damages shall be eliminated to the fullest extent under applicable law. If the DGCL is amended to authorize corporate action further eliminating or limiting the personal liability of directors, then the liability of a director of the Corporation shall be eliminated to the fullest extent permitted by the DGCL, as so amended.
2. Any repeal or modification of this Article VII shall be prospective and shall not affect the rights under this Article VII in effect at the time of the alleged occurrence of any act or omission to act giving rise to liability or indemnification.
3. Neither any amendment nor repeal of this Article VII, nor the adoption of any provision of this Corporation’s Certificate of Incorporation inconsistent with this Article VII, shall eliminate or reduce the effect of this Article VII in respect of any matter occurring, or any action or proceeding accruing or arising or that, but for this Article VII, would accrue or arise, prior to such amendment, repeal or adoption of an inconsistent provision.
[As Filed: 07-27-2012]